June 17, 2007

bienvenue a maroc

3 planes and a bus later, I've arrived in Tangier. So far everything has gone smoothly: easy (albeit lengthy) travel, reasonable accomodations, a heavy-sleeping grad student roommate, gorgeous campus, and perfect weather (80 degrees with breezes and low humidity). Took a placement test this morning, will get the results this afternoon. We start classes tomorrow!

You can't throw a rock without hitting an internet cafe and it's cheap: about 50 cents/hour. And blogger appears to work well, although, interestingly, it is geography-specific; all the instructions are in french! "creer un message" or, on the comments section, "emily a dit..." How does it know???

If anyone wants to send snail mail, it can reach me at:
(my name)
American School of Tangier
rue Christophe Colombe
Tangier, Morocco

I'll try to add some photos soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger deva said...

glad you arrived safely! can't wait to see the pics of tangier and hear the stories that will inevitably develop. here's wishing you tons of fun and a little adventure for spice ;0)

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
Glad to hear you arrived safely. I tried to post yesterday, but apparently failed. It sounds like your weather is more pleasant than ours has been. We're now in the middle of painting.
Love,
Mom

12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al-Hamdu lil-laah 'alaa l-salaama! It's good to know you're there, and I can't wait for the pics.

The weather in Middlebury has been nice too. Samantha Rose from your class two years ago is back, and bi-titasallim 'alaiki. I feel as if I'm in a bit of a time warp, being back here... but it's good. But then I've just had a looooong afternoon's nap (it being Wednesday)--we'll see what I'm saying later.

Cheers, mon amie--I hope the program is wonderful for you!

K. H.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home